Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tired but filled with excitement..

I'm exhausted... but I had to write in my blog / journal today and share a few things from the last two days. Sean and I have this little mini-journal his Mom gave us for Christmas, but you can only write less than half a page per day... so it's only for brief blurbs... which is why I will keep this up too.

Yesterday Sean and I saw Avatar in 3-D. Simply put, it was an amazing film. Several people had said it was outstanding and I'll admit, I was skeptical and thought I was going to be let down. I truly did not realize such breath-taking beauty could be captured in a film, especially in a film that is partially animated. I was blown away. The only negative thing I can say is I don't think the mind is meant to see in 3-D for 3 hours straight. Both Sean and I came out of the movie with a monster headache. Worth it? YES. Would I see it in 3-D again now that I experienced it once? Nope.

Sean's headache faded pretty quickly, but as usual with me and my headaches, mine very quickly developed into a migraine. Sounds amplified, huge pain, sensitively to any kind of light, and worst of all, extreme nausea. The fact that it was the middle of the day and bright and sunny probably didn't help. Bleh. Sean drove and got me home quickly as possible; laid me down, tucked me in and proceeded to cover the windows in bedroom with extra material so it was darker. He then went and got a cold wash cloth for me to put on my forehead and eyes. Have I mentioned how much I love this man? Sean sat with me for about 10 minutes or so and held my hand until I started to dose off from the pain medication I had taken.

It was about 15 minutes later I heard him talking to a young adult at our front door who was obviously trying to sell something. I could only hear about half the conversation and I slowly dosed off into my blessed darkness again.

About an hour later I woke up to my smiling honey who got me up as I requested so we could go see our mare together. It was then that I asked him if he'd bought anything from the door to door sales person. He did... and how could I tease him about being guilable when he told me he had gotten me a years subscription to a Bridal Magazine!!! He and I have been talking about when we'll get married on and off for about a month or so now, but this is so exciting! :) He said that even though we weren't engaged yet, he thought I could start getting some ideas and making some tenative plans in my mind. I **LOVE** this man. He thinks of the sweetest little things, takes care of me, and makes me happy constantly. :)

No comments: