Sunday, June 15, 2008

1st Mini-Goal / Father's Day

The day has been pretty good and this morning started out wonderful for me. I was determined when I set out on my journey of weight loss through bariatric surgery to set mini-goals for myself to make sure I felt accomplishments on the way to my last end goal. Well, this morning I hit my first big mini-goal! I'm down exactly 30 pounds. To be exact I've gone from 271 pounds to 241 pounds. It feels so good to type it. :)

My journey so far hasn't been without problems; however I've been incredibly lucky in having nothing major go wrong. Recently I've been having a lot of nausea on and off when trying to eat. I'm thinking I might just have a touch of the flu but I'm not entirely sure. It's only lasted for about 3-5 days so I'm giving it a bit more time before actually discussing things further with my doctor. I'm still getting in enough fluids and while my food intake is down I'm making sure the majority of it is protein.

Yesterday I got to meet several bariatric friends that I met on OH. (http://www.obesityhelp.com/) I've been organizing a picnic / bbq for the last couple of months and it turned out great. This is a pic of the gals who've had bariatric surgery. We ranged from all levels. 1 being preop, another being 1 week out, others being between 6-9 months, to 1 year out. What a wonderful group of people.

There were a lot of husbands, boyfriends, and kids there as well. It was so wonderful to meet everyone and share story and experiences. We're going to get together again next month at one of the gals houses (who has an inground pool!) .. I can't wait. :)

Today is also Father's Day and that part hasn't exactly gone off without a hitch. Dave's two boys didn't call him and when he called them they stated they had forgotten it was Father's Day. (not exactly true since they were celebrating Father's Day in PA with their uncle). It's been hard on Dave and he's been moody and upset most of the day ... understandably. We had dinner with Dave's Dad and enjoyed the company of family. Dad got a little bit tipsy on wine at dinner and I have to admit was really quite amusing. I thought of my father a couple times today but mostly in passing. July 2nd will be 3 years since his passing but I find myself unable to still think of him for more than a few minutes at a time. I loved him, he knew and possibly still does know this.

1 comment:

Lisa G said...

Congrats on making your first mini-goal!! And...Happy Anniversary you two!! I've changed the title and URL of my blog, you can find me now at:

www.drivennurseexec.blogspot.com

The Title: Driven to Distraction

See you soon :)