Saturday, July 5, 2008

Catching up

I've been meaning to write more often, really really I have, but life has been incredibly busy and a bit stressful recently. I suppose the stress part would be all the more reason to write a bit more. :)

So .. I'm taking the time today to write quite a bit and catch up on a couple things that have happened recently.

1st - My weight loss:
Most know who are reading that I had a gastric bypass on April 21st, thats uhmmm, about 10 weeks ago now. As of this morning I've lost 37 pounds so far. WooHoo!!!! Everything else is going fairly well. I've had what some refer to as a 'grouchy pouch' the last couple of weeks, but this would probably start to settle down if I stopped trying to push some of the foods that my tummy just doesn't seem to except. For example, Protein bars: excellent source of my needed protein, some great ones low carb, low calorie, low sugar, low fat -- but my stomach hates them. I keep trying a few different ones and honestly I should really give that up. Roast Beef: *Any Kind* not just deli, but also cooked and sliced; who knows why but it makes me incredibly sick. Tummy hates it! .. I do fine with ground beef, steak, pot roast -- but roast beef -- the stomach will have none of it! .. so after the 3rd try I'm totally giving it up. (for now at least, maybe I'll retry in a couple of months - that's how the docs say to do it).

Part of this surgery is learning the different ways that my body will react and deal with things. Perfect example are the foods above. Another would be that I used to love to gulp down water, now I know that I need to drink it fairly slowly. Gulping water doesn't work when my little stomach can't keep up with draining the water out the other side.

I'm still very happy with my decision, even with the few struggles that I've had on and off. It hasn't been easy by any means, but I don't think any kind of weight loss is, no matter what way you approach it from.

2nd - Our move to Florida:
It's coming up and it's coming up quickly!!! The good news, a lot of my anxiety about going has gone away. In fact, I'm actually starting to get somewhat excited about going. (go figure) It's a new adventure, we'll be close to the boys, and the cost of living is going to be so much easier to manage! We found our apartment that we'll be living in. The complex has a site at http://www.waterchaseapts.com/ for anyone who's curious. We're still unsure of the floor plan we'll have as we need to wait until August to know the exact availability, but it will definitely be one of the 2 bedroom floor plans. Ideally we'd like the last one on the list, "The Royal Palm". I'm going to *love* having a washer/dryer in the actual apartment and I really like the layout.
Ok so not a super long post, but at least a couple of updates are provided.

No comments: