Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sometimes I dont know what to put here?

Actually, a lot of the time I don't know what to put as a "Title", maybe I'll just start naming them, "Don't know what to put 1" then "2" then "3". It's a thought anyway.

Work was a bit frustrating today. I suppose right now in some ways it's frustrating every day. I miss my team!!! I still have them in a way, I talk to them, I message them, I email them; it's not even remotely the same. It's like staying in touch with one of your best friends verbally and internetly (Ooo, new word) without being able to see them. My team of 12 had become my friends and together my group. I liked each and every one of them for their individual qualities. I still do. I always will. I'm just really struggling with not having them in person! I can only hope I adjust over time, but right now I'm feeling like it's not going to be possible. I've considered a new job in the area, becoming a team leader / manager of a new department, god knows I have the experience to get hired... I'm just not ready for that step. I really don't know if I ever will take that step.

I saw Romeo again today, but didn't ride. We had some great horse / rider bonding time. After grooming him I walked him to the park by halter and lead and spent about a half hour brushing out his entire tail and mane while he grazed. I talked to him and he was his great self raising his head to stare at me every once in awhile before going back to his green grass. He can be very playful and has a great personality. I had given him some treats (horse cookies) when I first got to the barn and as we were walking to and from the park every once in awhile he's drop his head and nuzzle or lip at my pockets. He was *sure* that there must be another cookie around! Pinellas is an area about 10 minutes away from my apartment and it's full of homes with barns and small sized ranches. In walking the 2 blocks to the park Romeo got to visit several of his horse and pony friends on the way. If I'm not riding he's more than welcome to sniff noses and make horse whiny talk, but when I am riding not much visiting goes on. The last thing I need is two hyper horses deciding they might want to try and play, while I'm on his back! I did give a cookie to one of his horse friends, a cute young paint that looks a year or two old. Romeo was of course mortified and didn't sniff noses anymore with him once I did that. hahaha. He really is an added joy in my life right now. Tuesday I was frustrated because he had been bad during my entire visit. Today i'm overjoyed because we had a great day together. Just like any other animal, child or person they have their good days and bad days.

I got a ton of our clothes / shoes hung and put away today - one more small step to having an organized home. Each day small steps to hit our big goal. We'll get there someday.

We have a friend visiting from out of town this weekend. While the house is a mess, it's still going to be great to see a familiar face. Fleet is one of Dave's poker buddies. He came to our wedding, and came up to our place in Boston a couple of times, the majority of the time he lives in Texas so he tries to visit whenever he's in our area. It just so happens he'll be in the Florida area this weekend and is staying with us. Woo!

Tomorrow's Friday. Thank goodness!!!!!!

No comments: