Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Weirdness and other ramblings

I found a few of what are called "meme"'s recently through someone's site and I thought it might be fun to start doing a few of them. Basically you take the questionnaire from the blog site that sponsers them and then let them know that you've done it so others can read yours if they'd like. It works. :)

This one is from: http://wednesdayweird.blogspot.com/

1. Would you rather join the Ghostbusters to hunt ghosts or join the Sesame Street bunch? Why? Sesame Street, I always always loved Oscar the Grouch. I wanted to make him my friend and make him happy as a kid. He's still awesome - you all know he has a soft side. :)

2. What is the most you are willing to do to get out of a police officer giving you a ticket? Cry. Make excuses. Flirt. Explain. The majority of the time, if I've done something wrong, I'll suck it up. There was a time I got pulled over for driving without my seatbelt (right when the law started that they can visually pull you over for that). I *always* where my seatbelt. I had just quit my job due to a large dispute in the workplace, I was heartbroken and crying, I was way to worked up and forgot to buckle up. Good the cop pulled me over so I put it on. Bad on him for giving me the ticket when I explained and had obviously been crying for awhile. =P eeh.. whatever.

3. What popular movies do you find to be overrated? The Austin Power movies. I **HATE** them -- with a passion I can't express. Ugh. Bad Bad stupid movies.

4. What is in (and/or on) your bedside table? Lamp. Aloe lotion. Glass of water. Tums. Tylenol. Sleep meds. Pillow my son's family made for me. (he was adopted by a family at birth -- open adoption). Book I'm reading. Coaster my sis made me.

5. Have you ever had or fantasized about having sex with a boss before? Have you ever acted on that fantasy? Yes, fantasized about it. No, haven't acted upon it.

6. If you had a personal assistant, what would you have them do? OMG .. a *lot* right now. I'm assuming that if I have a personal assistant she can do anything or I have the money to also help her/him get people to do them. Organize unpacking my house. Help me make a schedule and encourage me to stick to it. Set my appointments for all my new doctors. Pick up my prescriptions. Answer the phone and take messages when I'm busy and one of my team calls. Clean Romeo's stall so I can just ride. (hey! why not?!). I'm sure I could think of another 10 things without a problem.

7. Have you ever faked static, loss of cell phone reception or anything else on the telephone line to get out of a conversation? hahaha.. yep. guilty.
-----------------
In daily life. I heard from a few of my Boston friends today. Emails and phone calls. I'm so glad they're keeping in touch. I'm having a really hard time reaching out right now, I'm having a hard time even responding sometimes. I replied to 3 of them today and was happy that I did. I was sad too. It made me think more of them, miss them more. I've got to cope eventually, deal with the loss, and try to focus on the positives. Easier said than done.

On a good note I did go and see a new psychiatrist yesterday. Shock of all shockers. I like her. I kind of knew I would when I walked into her private office. Earthy tones, all pictures black and white photography of trees, open pastures, and wrought iron gates. I loved her room. We talked a bit, she asked some questions, and I felt like she really took time for me. I like that. She changed around some meds - thank god - hopefully I'll see some changes soon. I loved my therapist in Boston, but did not like my psychiatrist. I really like this one and am hoping to find a therapist I like as well. It's just a very hard step for me to take to look for a therapist after having so many years of a connection with mine from Boston. I miss her a lot.

I went to the beach the first time this last Sunday, I'll try to write about that soon. I'm pretty tired at the moment though.

1 comment:

Ashly Star said...

Oh I definitely agree on the Austin Powers movies! I only watched the first one but that was bad enough, lol.

Thank you for playing! I hope you'll play WW again some time. :)