Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Time to write a bit

I've been in Largo, FL now for about 2 weeks and haven't written. I didn't write a lot in the few weeks before the move either. I think in some ways I wasn't writing because I didn't want to spew a lot of negativity. I've been struggling with this move in many ways -- from before I left, until now. There are positives, I'm trying to focus most on those.

Since being here a few things have happened both positive and negative.

Upon arriving our cable/internet was to be setup the same day. We waited from 3pm - 7pm, our scheduled time, no one showed. I called the company, Bright House, early the next morning in a bad mood as I was supposed to be at work as of 8am. Why hadn't they shown up? Well, it turns out they had no record of me, our address, or our account that was set up. In short, someone dropped the ball - lost the record, lost the information, or didn't enter it correctly. Thank the gawds I got a wonderful man on the phone that helped me calm down and stayed on the phone with me for good 1/2 hour while he worked out someone getting to our house that day, within a couple of hours. The company also took off a months worth of a bill to apologize for the inconvience.

So .. okay, internet is on, I'm at work. Computer starts to spaz. It's shutting down on it's own and then rebooting. Hmm, definitely not good. Very very long story cut into a much much shorter version. 1st computer = dead. Company mails second computer. Second computer = dead within 3 days. Systems management puzzles for 2 days on how this could've happened. I pull out my hair for a week losing my mind as I'm maybe able to work 2 hours out of 8 hours due to a computer shutting on and off. Conclusion to the 2nd dead computer -- installed a bad component from the 1st bad computer. Baaaaaad systems people. 3rd computer mailed with all new cables, 2 new widescreen flatscreen monitors (woot!), and all new software / hardware to go with it. Ahhhh, day 8 upon arriving, I have a working computer. Thank the gawds!!!

Prior to getting to Largo, FL; we spent a couple days in the Jacksonville area with a couple of friends from our past. Until tonight that was ranked as one of our positive and good experiences. We went sight-seeing, they took us to a nice dinner, we played with their funny and hyperactive silly dog. Sadly, I then read several days later - tonight - that it appears to have been a horrible experience for them that they'd like to never repeat. I'm confused, but asked for an explanation tonight. I can only hope that I get one. I'd truly like to understand.

A positive - prior to moving I had been emailing back and forth with a gal named Ashley in regards to her horse. He's an 8 year old clysdale/quarter house cross. He's huge, he's beautiful, and my goodness he's a handful! After speaking for a month she kept in contact with me until I got to Largo, FL so that I could start leasing, Romeo. (ok -- I didn't name him). The second day in FL I went to meet him and her, we hit it off, she was pleased with my riding and handling of him, and he's now my full responsibility 3 days a week. It's been great for me in many ways. 1st, I'm getting back into riding and it's a source of pure joy for me. 2nd, while I've been going through the difficult ups and downs over the last couple of weeks he's been a routine to continue forcing me out of the house. He's definitely not your run of the mill calm, bomb proof horse. He's a huge handful. He spooks, he disobeys, he fights back, but on most days he tries his best and eventually calms down and gets into a routine of work. Today was *not* one of those days that he calmed down - but I'm not going to get into that right now. Overall - he's been a very positive addition to my life. There's a large horse event / get together / get to know your neighbors, that I'm taking him to this upcoming Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it.

It's late, I'm fairly drained, and work will come early. I'm off to bed and praying that sleep will come for me tonight. (insomnia isn't my friend -- but it keeps trying to be).

No comments: