Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I had a nose stuck in my ear ...

... okay, it sounded like a good title and it gave me an excuse to write. A moment ago Dave went to kiss my cheek, I tilted my head, and his nose stuck right into my ear hard. It was funny in a random sort of way.

Monday I did some pottery painting, tomorrow I'm doing some sewing and Dave is doing some armor making. Last Sunday I did archery (super fun!) and helped with the "feast", which is essentially a potluck but with all the recipes being "period". Things are generally made from the 1500 or 1600's.

Fun fact, you can't use tomatoes when cooking for feast, because it was believed they were poisonous. Quote from a website, "Those with money had plates made of pewter. Food with high acid content caused some of the lead to leach onto the food, causing lead poisoning and death. This happened most often with tomatoes, so for the next 400 years or so, tomatoes were considered poisonous." It wasn't the tomatoes silly people! .. but they didn't know that. Credit to: http://historymedren.about.com/od/dailylifesociety/a/bod_tomatoes.htm

This Saturday we leave for our week and a half vacation. No internet for us during that time because we'll be CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!!! .. Not just camping. We'll be camping with 3k - 4k people. :) This is an SCA event in itself that takes place in Mississipi. If you feel like learning about it, you can go to: http://www.gulfwars.org/ As long as you don't mind roughing it, it's a freaking blast.

It's super late and unforunately I have 2 more days of work before vaca. Bleh. Off to bed with me!

No comments: