Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Exhausted and trying not to worry and waiting for answers

I can't believe it's really been 4 months since I last wrote in my blog. Craziness.

I had a plan to write a huge blog post tonight and catch up on all kinds of details... but... then I called my Mom and spoke with her for about an hour. Now I'm tired.

Very VERY short version of whats happening in life. Sean and I moved back to his hometown, the Pensacola-Gulf Breeze area, at the end of March because he got a job transfer. We're living with his parents while we save to move into an apartment. A I'm working at the Dr's office where his mother practices as a Nurse Practicioner making $9 an hour (ACKKK!).. but it's a great inbetween thing to pay the bills until I find a better job. I have an interview this Thursday. WOO! Living with his parents has its hard times, for both of us.

Sean has been overly stressed due to work, living with his family, his son, etc etc etc. That along with a history of heart problems has landed him in the hospital tonight. :( We don't currently know exactly what's wrong, we just know that his heart isn't very happy. His BP has been ranging from 150/90 to 175/98 at it's highest today. His heart rate has been between 90 and 102 regularly. A little info for those without any medical background, those numbers aren't immediately life threatening, but they're really NOT good and could be life threatening if not treated. So..... today his BP soared... he came into the Dr's office... Dr. W was concerned enough that she admitted him to the hospital. Don't worry, he's fine, right? Bah. How can I not worry? Yes, he is in great hands, he is currently doing good, but its impossible not to worry when the man I love dearly and completely is having heart problems. Maybe some would find it silly to say this at this point in the game, but I honestly don't know what I would do without him..... I can't even begin to imagine my life without him in it daily. Hell, I hate him being gone for one night. I miss him. I miss having his warm body next to me in bed. I miss the sound of his breathing. And damnit, I'm going to miss his snores waking me up occasionally tonight. *sigh* I'm keeping in mind that it's only one night (maybe more) and its by far for the best. He's in the best place he can be right now and hopefully we'll have some good answers by the end of tomorrow. Today they did a chest xray, ekg, blood work, and have some type of monitor hooked up to his heart that is keeping an eye on his heart rate 24/7. Tomorrow they at minimum have an echocardiogram (basically an ultrasound of the heart) and a stress test (he'll get on a treadmill to make the heart work hard while they monitor it) scheduled. Answers. We both will look forward to the answers.

I'm going to try (try is the operative word) to get some sleep.

No comments: