Sunday, May 9, 2010

Update on Sean and Momma's Day

So, straight to the point. Sean is doing good and great and fine. The big scare is over and with a few life changes that he's making he should be on the road to much less risk. He started taking Wellbutrin to quit smoking, YAY!!!.. and so far after only 2 days its making a difference. Yesterday he only had 6 cigs I think, he said he just didn't have the urge to have any more than that. He's only taking 1 pill right now and after the first week can bump up to 2 pills. In addition, the Wellbutrin should help keep his stress level down. We're both starting to watch the more salty foods and fatty foods, cutting them back almost completely. This will help sodium levels and also assist in losing some weight for both of us.

The results from the hospital were very good. There is absolutely zero, none, zilch damage to his heart. As most people probably know, one of the scariest parts of any type of a heart attack, no matter how minor, is that it can do heart damage. They ran SOOO many tests while he was in the hospital to check everything and I'm very happy to say that they couldn't detect any damage at all. Plus, on a just as great note, he doesn't have any kind of blockage in the veins, vessels, arteries, etc.

I am unbelievably relieved and very happy with the answers and information that we received. I will say I am not at all impressed with the hospital he stayed in, but I won't go into that. All on the positive today. :)

It's Mother's Day!!!!!!! Happy Happy Mother's Day to my family and friends and everyone that reads this blog and is a Mom. Sean took his Mom and I out to an unbelievable Mother's Day dinner last night. It's a little italian restaurant that's a bit hidden in the back part of Pensacola. It's gorgeous and rustic - the food made me appreciate italian food in a way I never have before. I kid you not that each bite was like a little piece of heaven. Absolutely unbelievable. They buy all their ingredients fresh and it takes a little while when you order your food to get it because EVERY sauce they make for every plate they do from scratch! It ranges about $16 - 25 per plate, but I think it's very reasonable for what you get. The portions were HUGE and I have enough to make up another two small meals. The server knew Sean's family and was awesome, making it an even better experience.

Today we're going to brunch at Sean's Dad's country club for another small Mother's Day celebration. They booked almost 150 reservations for brunch which is super good for Dad's restaurant. (he doesn't own it, but his happiness and salary in his job really depend on good business)

Anyhow, bunches of other things have happened, like doing a 15+ mile trail ride for the local rodeo this last weekend!!!!.. It was insane fun! ... but I need to get going so I can do a few things and then get ready for brunch.

No comments: