Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just another day

It's for the most part been an uneventful weekend. More than anything Dave and I have been continuing to work at getting ready for our move. Yesterday we finished going through every stack, scrap, box, file folder, etc of papers that have been stacking up and sorted them all out. After about 5 hours of shredding, organizing, and writing tabs for file folders things are for the most part put in the places they should be. (yeah - we really let it get that far behind). Another time after we move I'd like to make a project of going through each category and organizing things by dates - but that isn't an urgent priority.

Today we finished going through all of the boxes from Dave's old storage unit. Thank GOODNESS! .. What a crazy insane process. I'd say that we either threw away or gave away a good half of what was there. About 70% of what we're keeping is packed and ready to go. The rest needs to be put in boxes and organized. The boxing tends to be more of my speciality. :) However, currently we need to pick up a few more.

We had to call the moving company and add on several more boxes to our total along with a few other misc. things I had forgotten. (sewing machine / ironing board) The cost of using a moving company makes my stomach churn, but I know in the long run it'll be worth it. It's about $600-800 more than what it would cost for us to rent a truck, drive the truck, and load/unload everything ourselves. The extra $600-800 is really worth not having to haul our furniture and boxes down 2 flights of stairs (current apt) and up another flight of stairs. (apt we're going to). Plus this way we can feel more relaxed about stopping by some friends houses along the way down to Florida.

It's amazing, the move is literally only a few weeks away and some part of my mind has still not completely wrapped around that this is really happening. I think that I'm taking in as much as I can at once -- perhaps to remain sane? Yeah, I think so.

Weight loss is slow but steady. Each week I generally lose at least a little bit. I have stalls here and there, but overall its evening out to 1-2 pounds a week. I know there's probably more that I could be doing, but with the stress recently it's been hard to concentrate on.

Tonight we went and saw Mummy 3, it was a fun watch. Nothing epic, but definitely fun. I love action flicks of all kinds and I like that the Mummy movies include a lot of humor. They've all been fun watches. One of Dave and I's favorite pass times is going out to the movies and we do it a LOT. In the last month we've also seen Dark Knight (amazingly good) and Hancock (we really enjoyed it). If something is out that we want to see we generally go each weekend or every other weekend. I get discount passes from work so it ends up being a fairly cheap date for us at $6 a person. It'll be a bit more inconvienant once we move but I'll still be able to mail a check up and have them mail passes down.

Speaking of work, there's a lot happening on that front too. I've been travelling to our offices in Portsmouth, NH and Windsor, CT quite a bit. We're getting my system at work all setup with the appropriate security software for me to take the computer off site. Papers to sign saying I'll continue being the great employee I am when working from home. ;) .. mostly legal stuff. Meetings with the bosses. Meetings with my team. I think it's actually very likely that leaving work is going to be the hardest part about this move for me. I spend the majority of my time at work! .. My team .. my work friends .. the people I hang out with at the bar afterwards. It makes me heart ache to leave it behind. No, it's not an "I think", it's an I know; leaving the people in my workplace will be by far the hardest thing - most of my friendships in Boston have been made there. Ok, enough of that - no getting teary at the moment. Gads I'm weepy recently. At least I tear up a lot. The actual crying hasn't happened quite yet. (oh it will..)

Overall other than being insanely busy life has been good. Dave and I have planned a trip to Six Flags for tomorrow. This is our 3rd time trying to go. Mother Nature seems to have it in for us. The weather always says it'll be gorgeous and BAM the day comes that we're going and it's all thunder and lightning. It was supposed to be 100% sunny tomorrow but now it's showing scattered storms between 1pm-6pm. Scattered storms we can deal with but we'll see when we checkout the forecast in the morning. Of course Tuesday shows sunny all day. *eyeroll* The weather has been nuts this summer. Thunder and lightning probably 4 to 5 out of 7 days a week constantly. I love storms .. so I don't mind it. It's just crazy how much it's been storming the last 1-2 months.

Anyhow, I've been babbling on for awhile now. Signing off to try and find sleep. (it's been eluding me recently)

No comments: