Sunday, July 11, 2010

Coffee and Sleep

I find it incredibly ridiculous that I would do this to myself, but yet, I have... yes, I drank a very large cup of coffee about an hour prior to the time I planned to go to bed. Wasn't I complaining earlier about my lack of sleep? Oh yes, that's right, I was. ARGH!!

So, perhaps staring at a way to bright screen in a dark room will do something to help me out over the next few minutes. Sadly it has not thrilled my dear sweet honey who is curled up trying to sleep next to me. No worries my 'now drifting into dreamland' dear, I'll make this fairly short. In the meantime, please try to have sweeter dreams than we both did last night.

The last few days and really the last week I have had serious wedding on the brain. Not for me (for the most part, lol) but because I'm thrilled and honored to be the Maid of Honor at an upcoming wedding in this area. The gals name is Sarah and her fiance' is Jeremy. We met them a few months ago through our horses and have hit it off as good friends. We're having a lot of fun. Her wedding is on Aug 28th and is being done on a very tight, mostly non-existant budget. She's had a lot of friends come through to help with some things which is wonderful. The wedding will be at the farm where we currently keep Bailee, the owner of the farm is a lawyer and is able to officiate the wedding and is doing so for free. Jeremy's Mom was kind enough to pay for the catered food from Sonny's BBQ. I'll be buying a few dozen roses before hand and putting together her boutiques the night before. A good friend of hers paid for her wedding dress and most of the accessories to go with it. She has really been blessed and I'm very happy for her. It will be a unique and super fun wedding. She's going to be riding her horse, Renegade to the aisle and possibly down the aisle depending on how he behaves and then her and Jeremy will ride off together after the ceremony. Very sweet. :) They'll of course come right back for the reception portion that we'll be having on the property as well.

My sister Bekah helped me come up with a fun idea for the centerpieces. We're going to be using large mason jars (or possibly some vases) and putting a large bunch of hay in them so it spirals a bit and flows out to all sides, then we'll put a few daises (possibly roses) in the center. A red and yellow ribbon around the jar/vase will be the finishing touches. They'll be easy and inexpensive to put together, perfect.

I'm also working on planning and putting together Sarah's Bridal Shower, we have the location and I have a few ideas, but quite honestly, I'm hoping to find a way to have some more funds very quickly before much longer. I need a way to buy my dress for the wedding AND the things I need for the shower. Quite honestly...not having a full-time job is hindering that quite a bit. I have a few things in the works and hopefully one of those will come through.

I didnt mention earlier that while I haven't been able to find another job, I am still working for the Dr's practice that Sean's Mom works for. The problem is that my hours there have had to be cut down to part time. Next week they only need me 2 days which is only going to be 16 hours. Ughh.

Sean is also still looking for other work, but right now is getting fairly steady hours on and off doing free-lance IT work for the office. When they keep him busy the funds are wonderful, but during the down time it makes things hard. I know it's really hard on him emotionally too. He really wants to get back to working a full-time job thats with an established company. He worries about taking care of me and our family, which is something that makes me love and adore him even more. He's amazing. We're struggling right now, but the love we have keeps us strong. We're both looking at starting some classes at one of the local colleges this fall and that will help lead us both to bigger and better things as well.

Anyhow, I'm going to turn this thing off and try to close my eyes again. Here's hoping for good sleep and great dreams.

No comments: