Monday, July 12, 2010

Manic Monday - Meme and truth

The title is actually the name of a daily meme, but the title also fits with the way this day has been.

My day started rough... I mean... rooooooooough... I woke up at about 6:30am with the worst stomach cramps and case of the #2's you can imagine. Graphic, fairly, but guess what, its my blog. :D Over and hour of running to and from the bathroom and my stomach finally settled down. Note to self: DO NOT have a large cup of coffee before bed. It's really the only thing I can rack it up to.

After my stomach settled and Sean got back from not being selected for Jury Duty (yay!), we got several errands done. I got some paystubs from my employer that I need in order to be seen at a free clinic here for blood work. We went to Pensacola College to start all the application paperwork for me and finish up some work for Sean. We went to David's Bridal to pick up my Maid of Honor dress for my friends wedding. Last but not least we checked out a stable in Milton as a possibility for Bailee. They currently have no stalls available so it isn't an option at the moment.

Sean got a call for an interview at a great company which I'm thrilled about. I didn't hear back about my interview that I had on Friday and as the day on I've gotten more and more down. SO.. when I saw this meme I figured it would be a good one for me to possibly get me out of this mopey mood.

Name 5 of the simple pleasures in your life: Hmm.. simple pleasures. I don't consider things like Sean, Bailee, letters from my son, and my family to be simple pleasures - but those are four big gynormous pleasures in my life.

Simple pleasures I partake in: Swimming in a cool pool. Walking in the sand next to the ocean. Going on a long horseback ride. Reading a good book in a quiet room. Doing some of my crafty things I enjoy like cross-stitching or weaving.

What do you like to do on a rainy day? Snuggle deep into the covers with my honey and hide. We play silly games with each other when we go to sleep at night and sometimes when we wake up in the morning. Tickling, raptor-toe (inside thing), wrestling, touched-you-last... just pure silliness really. One of the many things I love and adore about Sean is that we play and can be silly together.

I deserve a _good job__. (this was a fill in the blank question) Really. Truely. Honestly. I do. I'm a hard worker and a good worker. I've interviewed SO much in this tiny economy barren town and I've yet to have something reasonable in the slighest way come through. I'm SO frustrated. I mean...I *rock* these interviews. They tell me they like me, they tell me I'm in their top choices, and when they call back and say, "no thank you", I ask what could I have done better the answer is always the same. "You did great and you're well qualified, there are just many good applicants out there right now and we decided to go with someone else. We'll keep you in mind though in the future". Ok fine, but now, when's it my turn?

No comments: