Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Coding Funnies

I need to look into how to put certain posts into categories, and if I can even do that on this blog. I know some blogs have that ability. If I can't find a way to do it here, I may even start up another blog in relation to the subject: Medical Coding and Billing

Over the last 3 years I've been working from becoming a medical biller, to a medical coder. In June of 2013, I gained the official title of a Certified Professional Coder, or 'CPC', through the AAPC.

On a weekly basis I come across quotes from surgeons, doctors, PAs, NPs, that I find highly amusing, fascinating, and sometimes just plain dumb. Others who aren't in the medical field don't always find them to be these things, but I sure do.

Todays was an examination report from one of our surgical PAs. He was examining a man's hand that had been 'damaged' when a "clutch blew-up" on his ATV. I'm guessing this was due to the hydraulics. The surgical PA wrote, "..the patient's 3rd and 4th finger appear to be missing.." Really,... they "appear" to be missing? Do you expect them to 'reappear' perhaps? I assume that if someone's fingers are missing.. it's pretty apparant. THey don't just "appear to be missing". LOL.

No comments: