Thursday, January 16, 2014

I have a strong desire to write today, but haven't been able to get myself going. I'm going to start with a simple meme I found and see if I can go from there.

The Meme:
1. What was your biggest challenge this past week? I've had a few this week. I started a new eating lifestyle (not a diet, but making a change to eat healthier for life). I started going to a gym. While both of those things would generally seem challenging, I was excited to get started, so I wouldn't say it was my biggest challenge.

My biggest emotional challenge was having to put my (step)son, Drew, back on a plane to go home to Florida to his Mom. He'd been with us 5-6 weeks and while that time had a few of it's own 'challenges', it was overall a wonderful time. As much as it was difficult, I'm excited for him because he went home with a plan to get started on his future. He has an appointment with a Navy Recruiter today. :)

2. What was your biggest accomplishment this past week? Starting at the gym and changing the ways I eat! I've needed to accomplish this for several months as I've had weight slowly creeping back on. My husband is my partner in this endeavor and I hope that together we can meet our individual and mutual goals.

3. What was the most exciting thing that happened in your life this past week? Exciting .... hmmm, probably my riding lesson that I had on Monday. I haven't had a lesson in a couple months and the last one I had didn't go so well. The one I had on Monday was awesome! I could really feel Bailee responding to my more specific, instructor guided queues. She did great and I think I did pretty wonderful too. :)

4. What one thing made you the happiest this past week? Sean, my husband. :) He does little things daily to make my laugh and smile. There's plenty of little things that drive me crazy too. ;) ..but more importantly are the things he does that he doesn't really think about, that mean so much. Some examples: Since moving to MA and the weather turning cold, he gets up every morning when the alarm goes off (EVEN when he doesn't have to be up yet!) and goes outside and starts my car while I'm in the shower. Weekly he downloads the shows that I like to watch (Greys Anatomy, Helix, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, etc) and when I get home from work sits down and watches at least one with me before playing any video games, etc so we can spend time together. He calls / messages me every day at work to see how my day is going. He gives me a hug and kiss every day before we leave for work and when we get home. ..and there's so much more. 5 years in and he always try to pay attention to those little things. He's simply .. amazing.

Speaking of Sean, he just messaged that he's on his lunch. I'm off to give him a ring.

No comments: