Monday, July 7, 2008

Friends

I've been lucky to have several throughout my life. Many people who have made a difference by being there for me, helping me through a hard time, or just being that friend that is awesome to hang out and party with. Sadly some have been lost and even more sad is that some have been lost due to some form of extreme betrayal that I won't get into here - not now anyway. Happily, several I still have and I love and adore them all.

Sometimes you come across a new and very special friend that you have an immediate and awesome connection with, someone that just gets you, and tonight there's one specific person that I think about entirely when referring to this. Love ya B!

She and I come from very similar backgrounds, we share interests in the same things, I would swear sometimes we share the same brain, and from the first time we spoke we had an immediate connection that has only gotten stronger over the last couple of months. I told her within the first 2 weeks of knowing her that I felt like we must be soul sisters and I believe it now more than ever. I know I'd do all I could to protect her in any situation and I know she'll always be a person that I can laugh and be silly with. I know that if I need a shoulder to cry on some night or day she'll always listen and I know that if I just need someone to keep me company, even if it's on the phone, she'll always be there. I can only hope that she knows I would do all of the above and more for her at any time. Some might call me foolish to put that kind of faith in someone so quickly -- especially given my past -- but there are some circumstances you come across in life where you just know that it's the way it's supposed to be. This friendship is one of those things.

Tonight we laughed ourselves silly talking about TV shows, blogs, our work boyfriends(I'll explain sometime), pictures, etc. During one of those TV shows we were watching, we had moments of sitting in silence on the phone, just watching the show, and it was great! It's hard to explain - but I think I heard it said once that the way you can tell if you have a really really good and close relationship (with a friend / bf / husband / family / etc), is that while you can have an intellectual conversation with them, or a funny conversation when them, you can also sit in silence and enjoy just hanging out with each other.

B, if you ever read this, it may be cheeeeeeezy, but it's a blog all about you! You're freaking awesome and I'm thrilled beyond thrilled that we met! :)

No comments: