Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hooray!!! I hit 50pds lost!! :)

Finally!!!!!!! :) This last month has been all about slooow losing; at least it has been compared to the weeks before that. This morning I was thrilled to see that I had hit my first big mini-goal! 50pds!! Wow!! 278pds down to 228pds. Just typing it looks cool! I took my measurements a few days ago as well. See below:

On May 12th: (the first measurements I took after surgery)
Bicep: 17.25
Neck: 15
Thigh: 32
Calf: 19.5
Saddlebags: 53.75
Hips w/ pooch: 52
Waist: 44.5
Under boobs: 39
Across boobs: 47

On July 24th: (a few days ago)
Bicep: 16.75 - loss of .5
Neck: 14.5 - loss of .5
Thigh: 30.5 - loss of 1.5
Calf: 19 - loss of .5
Saddlebags: 52 - loss of 1.75
Hips w pooch: 48.5 - loss of 3.5
Waist: 41.25 - loss of 3.25
Under boobs: 37.5 - loss of 1.5
Across boobs: 46 - loss of 1

Total inches lost so far: 14 inches. Yay! .. I don't know what the standard is but I'm super happy about it. :)

In other news, it's been a really really really difficult, stressful, and hard week for me. Probably one of the worst I've had in a very long time. It seemed that every day something more horrible or painful was happening than the day before. Several nights I thought about writing in my blog about it, but I just didn't feel like sharing the negativity I was feeling. Thursday I slipped into some very deep depression, Friday I slipped out in order to help a friend in need. (sometimes things happen for a reason). A dear friend of mine lost her mother this week. Something I can't even imagine the pain of happening; quite suddenly the sorrow I had felt all week long didn't seem that severe any longer. The wake and funeral were on Friday and Dave and I attended to offer our love and support. I felt for her; and again, I can't even imagine. My own mother is one of my best friends and currently I don't know how I would survive losing her. The thought scares me horribly. I try not to dwell on it.

On a happier note. Dave and I got a (ton* of moving stuff done yesterday. It doesn't show when we look around, but it was all things that really needed to be done. We took about 5 bags of clothes/shoes, 2 large boxes, an old aquarium set, and some boooks to a Thift Store. We donated an additional box of books to a struggling Used Book Store that we love thats located near by. We sorted through 2 large boxes of paperwork that needed to be filed or shredded (that took forever and we still have some of it to do). We also went to our storage unit and counted our current boxes to have a more accurate total to give to the moving company. (many more boxes than initially thought which will drive the price up .. but it's better to know that now).

Today is the second Get Together for my Bariatric Weight Loss group from online. We're having a pool party at one of the gals houses and I can't wait! It's going to be a blast. We all met at www.obesityhelp.com, an excellent and very supportive website of friends. (although I'm not a huge fan of the name of the site). Anyhow, we need to run -- time to grab the few things we need at the store and head to the party! :)

1 comment:

Lisa G said...

Did you know you are halfway there?? You've lost just over 50% of the weight you have to lose!! Congrats on you hitting the big 5-0!

It was so great to hear from you the other day, btw, and it sounds like the moving is going swimmingly!

Love ya, chica...