Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Stealing: The Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Almost always wrapping paper. I *love* wrapping presents. Family and friends recruit my help if I'm close by.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, real, real, and more real. Nothing can replace the wonderful fresh smell of pine. I've used tiny artificial trees at work before, but I try to always use a fresh one at home.

3. When do you put up the tree? Couple of weeks after Thanksgiving usually.

4. When do you take the tree down? Within a week after Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope. That whole raw egg thing has always kind of grossed me out. Overall I'm really not a big fan.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hm, that's a hard one. I don't remember most of my childhood. I do remember the year my parents bought us the original Nintendo, there was some extreme excitement that morning!

7. Hardest person to buy for? Dad-in-law and Brother-in-law.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Any of my sisters or Mom. They always provide great lists.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither actually; this year I'm going to try and send a few out for the first time.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The first thing that comes to mind was a gift exchange I was doing with a group of women... I actually can't remember what the group was for, perhaps the young woman's group for church. Anyway, one of the women bought and brought a sweater that was a size medium and you guessed it, I picked that gift. I was a size XL and didn't come close to fitting in it. Kind of random and weird that someone would buy that kind of a gift for an exchange.

12. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Hmm.. I love spiral ham.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as possible! .. Generally I try to start buying main gifts up to a couple of months prior to Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? You mean regifting? Heh.. yeah.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The different appetizers and candies my Mom would always home make. Cheese balls, salmon dip, coconut joys, almond roca, etc.

16. Lights on the tree? Always! Always a solid color, generally white. I've done just red before too.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" and "Silver Bells"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel. My family lives all over the place.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. We've always done stars as a family and had a tradition every year to go out and buy a new star.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Family tradition has always been that we open one present Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. I like the tradition and will probably always stick with it.

No comments: